Saturday, June 6, 2009

I8910 OmniaHD, Will I get it or not?


I still don't know if I will get the phone or what. Currently, I have a N82, which is a great phone. Xenon Flash just do it, everything I need for a mobile phone is here. But its been a year and a half since I got this phone and I really want to upgrade it. When I saw the OmniaHD, it is really a 'wow' for me, except for a led flash since I am really a fan of Xenon flash.

OmniaHD is a good upgrade for my N82 but when I heard some problems like the quality of audio in Video Recording, I think again, I really don't use the video recording that much anyway but it is still better if it has a better quality. What if if go to a concert and I want to record at least one song? What if we have a project and we need to use the phone for video recording? What if we forget to bring a camcorder? OmniaHD with that kind of audio quality can't be a replacement but my n82 can be.

I really can't decide. I know, OmniaHD still got everything, form a phone that has a fast UI to one of the best camera phone but my n82 got also everything. Its camera is superb especially with a xenon flash and also it is one of the best nokia phone out there. I am thinking of getting Satio since it has a xenon flash and a good VGA video recording. According to GSM arena, if ever, it will be the best VGA video recording phone around plus I think it will be having a good quality audio in video recording but October is a long long long way to go and I dont like to wait anymore. I been waiting since February but if ever Samsung will do nothing to fix the OmniaHD, I have no choice but to wait.

N97 is a NO NO for me, I really don't like it since it has a weaker CPU than my n82! I heared that it lags when the transition effect is on and beside, I really don't need those 32gb of memory. But a good software support of Nokia is a big plus for me.

I am tinking of getting some HTC products but when I saw that the camera was a joke, I forget it. Why they can't do a phone with a good camera? WinMo is a good OS, I really like it since it is open source. I prefer it than symbian.

Samsung Unpacked
is also one of the reason, It sounds promising. I am hoping that it is better than OmniaHD in my views. I mean, what I need is a good camera at least 5mp with a xenon flash, fast UI (pretty much the same with OmniaHD), complete features like the OmniaHD + FM transmitter and I HOPE THAT IT IS A SMARTPHONE. Having WinMo 6.5 and a qwerty keyboard is a bonus.

What makes me still think to get OmniaHD?
-Its fast UI
-AMOLED scratch resistant screen
-Fast CPU + GPU
-Some features in Video recording like slow-mo and fast-mo
-Great camera
-Divx Support

What makes me to think not to get OmniaHD?
-I really don't like the design
-Too Big
-Audio problems
-Worried about the battery
-Bad Support
-I want a good resistive screen, I want to use a stylus
-I want to have a WinMo device
-No Xenon

Maybe I will just wait for June 15. If ever they put something like WinMo(or android/symbian) + Good camera with Xenon, I will go for it. But if ever they will not, maybe I will just wait for a firmware update for OmniaHD and buy it, or I will just wait for Satio.

I love my n82, It's Xenon flash is superb and I think Satio, having a Xenon Flash, is a great replacement but OmniaHD just offer so much goodies in its multimedia side.

*OmniaHD photos from Centrino

2 comments:

  1. You just talk like asking for an advice where you already know the answer. You want to try an Omnia HD! Just go for it, if you don't like it or after some months, only then try a Satio.

    Just after reading all your concerns why you wouldn't get it, it's like: "Let me find its flaws so that I can say NO". The only thing I would wanted is WinMo, lots of software! But then I think, Symbian it's not bad, common, I never really used my N82 to play or do more from what the phone already had installed. Then I think, as long as the OS and preinstalled software allows to use all its features then fine.

    I used the Xenon of my N82 just a couple of times, so it's not a big lose. Just to think in things that won't happen often for the audio issue it's a way to seek a flaw. If you really do use a lot the Xenon of your N82 then wait. End of advice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have much the same considerations as you do. I even own an N82...which is still fine, except for screen size&resolution, and text input.

    Biggest difference is that I like Symbian and don't want to go to WinMo (I have already surrendered my desktop to Microsoft and that's enough)
    The Satio does sound like a good alternative, but waiting for it to come out ánd drop in price a bit may take too long. Plus (like the OmniaHD) it has no multitouch, and no D-pad. Not a good combination for games.
    Much will depend on the support Samsung are going to give the OmniaHD. If they release enough firmware updates (fixing the Audio problems), and 3D accellerated games appear, I may get over the shortcomings!

    ReplyDelete