Wednesday, July 15, 2009

No More Symbian Phones For Me


I had enough, My first ever smartphone was a Symbian until now I still got my N82. Symbian is great but it just not enough for me. I am now moving to a new OS, and no not to WINMO I just heard a lot bad feedback about that OS, I am now moving to ANDROID.

Android, Huh? Why? Android is the Open Source OS for Smartphones. I like android because of its User Interface, Symbian is not good at this one. I am moving to Android meaning, no more i8910 for me. I felt like if I will buy that phone it will be "just another phone" for me because it is just the same with my N82! I know, I know, the 8mp is there, the HD Video recording is there (I'm glad they already fix it) but do I really need it? Like for example, what do I do with my n82 now? like most of us, after a year or two, we are just using the basic features of the phone mainly calling, SMS, Mailing and sometimes listing to some of our Mp3s. So I ask my self, do I really need to upgrade my phone? and of course my answer is still yes but will I buy another phone that look exactly the same with my Phone? NO! So I decided to go for Android, at least I got a new Interface!

Yes, I know. I already said that I going to WinMO, but when I saw Android it is just like, "Is my phone made in 80's?" Android UI is really great! Especially the one in the HTC HERO. HTC's Sense UI in Android is just look so Amazing. Here you can watch the Preview of the phone:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaFH0vI2w1A

HTC Hero is a very good phone and I like the motto of some android users saying "Android, there is an app for that". Android is a very young OS so of course it lacks something, but Android app developers are there to help you! For Example, the latest version of android which is Android 1.5 still can't send file via Bluetooth but there is a solution there is an app calles BlueX which allow you to send and receive files via Bluetooth! Here you can find some of the apps: http://www.androlib.com/. Some people says that the start of the True Android OS is 2.0 and it is great because I can just update my phone when ever that version of Android is out (Which you cannot do with Symbian I think)

HTC HERO SPECIFICATION:
Display:
TFT capacitive touchscreen, 65K colors, 320 x 480 pixels, 3.2 inches, Multi-touch Input

Processor and Memory:
Qualcomm MSM 7200A 528 MHz processor, 288 MB RAM, 512 MB ROM

Camera:
5 MP, 2592 x 1944 pixels, autofocus, Video at CIF Resolution

Connectivity:
3G HSDPA, 7.2 Mbps; HSUPA, 2.0 Mbps, Bluetooth 2.0, Mini USB 2.0, WIFI

Browser:
Safari (HTML) with Full Flash (Flash 10)

OS:
Android 1.5 (Sense UI)

Player:
MP3/AAC+/WAV/WMA9 player
MPEG-4/H.263/H.264/WMV9 player

Others:
Digital compass, Scenes quick profile switcher, Handwriting recognition, Accelerometer sensor for auto-rotate, Track ball

*I really don't need a camera phone since I think phone's camera is not enough for me so I bought a 12MP Sony Cybershot T90 that can record HD 720P @ 30fps.

So there, as you can see, I am going to get HTC HERO when ever it will be available here in our country. I am now officially closing this Blog, Goodbye Guys! Enjoy your I8910! =D

4 comments:

  1. I already ordered mine should get it in a few hours...i got it at a bargain price £399. This is my first ever smartphone

    ReplyDelete
  2. OmniaHD? Wow that is great, It is a great Smartphone, it got great features..

    but i am just in love with HERO's UI. =D

    oh btw, Omnia2(i8000) is also a good phone, (even it is winmo) and i am thinking to buy the two phones, the HERO and Omnia2.

    ReplyDelete
  3. omnia hd works like a charm...great speed...i don't see the problem with the audio...the speakers are mental loud(good) and clear very responsive touch screen...but i do need to update the firmware 'cause when i go to certain websites it freezes and the latest firmware is fixed. nice screen and lots of other features

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, just like what other people said!!

    Yes, You should update it, i heard that it is the most stable early release symbian phone once you update it to the latest firmware.

    ReplyDelete