Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Some Bugs/Problems with Omnia 2


Reading some post in PPCSG Forum, I saw a list of problem of the new Omnia 2. Note that some of the problem here are already solved (for some they think it is already "solved") you can read it here.

Here is the list: (quoted from ekin101 and koh)
1) Automatic backlight sensor too sensitive. Noticeable when i was reading my ebook. Had to disable now as it's not as useful compared to omnia 1.
2) Faulty Samsung calender notes
3) Give us good samsung threaded SMS. Hopefully can see something like tf3d type. Don't like Microsoft default threaded sms.
4) Remove sms sent notification. (they said it is annoying)
5) Optimize speed for touchwiz2.0.. the widgets loads too slowly.
6) Make use of cube light for notification such as missed calls and sms unread? Cube again?
7) Anyway to notify us that the battery is fully charged beside looking at the screen?
8) SMS landscape mode changes too slowly.
9) Aleast WM office should have landscape mode. Or better, allow us to choose which software can auto rotate.
10) LED torch? where is it?
11) heard there is a compass function like iphone? (but no app)
12) Allows widgets to load third party software if users wants. like calender load pocket informant, or sms loads SMSchat.
13) Cannot edit contact information using the default windows mobiles contact. Changes will not be saved. Can only use phone book by Samsung.
14) Name search is too slow using the Samsung Phonebook.
15) Issues with bluetooth stability when connected up to the Garmin Nuvi 765. Causes the Nuvi 765 to "hang"

*
I heard that Touchwiz 2.0 make the phone slow especially the SMS (Not really slow but slower compare it when you disable the touchwiz interface). Hopefully Samsung will fix this problems in the near future.

13 comments:

  1. the built-in streaming player (when viewing youtube videos) sound quality was horrible, when plugged TV cable out, the TV black out in full screen mode.

    ReplyDelete
  2. once u install any other apps than the ones it comes withthe nhl app becomes unresponsive and u have ti reinstall it everytime u want to use it...a real pain in the a$$

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omnia 2 ringing problems. I have had this phone for 2 months & the ringing is awful. It has now been set to ring 20 times, which if you call the phone it does sound like its ringing 20 times but on the phone it only rings 2 or 3 times. Not Happy as Samsung & Orange are unable to fix the problem. Don't buy this phone go for the Iphone, wish I had.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omnia II has a major problem in comparison to other models/brands which is it has not a proper openGL drivers. Thus it works slower than a 200mhz PDA on 3d applications. Samsung is not supplying any updates on this. My opinion is "this is a kinda beta PDA" :p :p

    For those who are willing to buy one, DONT! it is a waste of money! Buy HTC HD2 which has proper operation by native! Because HTC is paying attention on their customers than Samsung is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SAMSUNG OMNIA II SUCKS, I HAVE GOTTEN 7 REPLACEMENT PHONES BECAUSE THIS PHONE IS CRAP. IT DOESN'T PLAY MY RING TONES OR MESSAGE TONES. I MISS CALLS BECAUSE THE PHONE WILL RING AND THERE IS NO TONE I HAVE TO BE STARING AT IT TO KNOW I HAVE AN INCOMING CALL. IT DOESN'T SET THE RIGN TONES THAT I PURCHASE THIS PHONE IS C-R-A-P!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree Kitty. Our company imported them for us and it is the worst phone that i have ever had. So many software glitches and bugs and then there's the "missing calls" thing and a long list of other problems. Not very impressed.

    They should have got us the Android XPERIA. Can't go wrong there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This phone is worthless. I can't unlock it half the time, if i can get to the settings buttons I have to recalibrate the screen 5-7 times a day. I HATE everything about this phone

    ReplyDelete
  8. and let me add one more to the list. My phone is as good as gone even if the inside processor is still working. Merely dropping it from less than 1 meter from the table is enough to turn the touchscreen a deathly black

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have had my Omnia 2 for almost a year now and the Windows software is a piece of shit. I am dumping this thing and switching to iPhone or Google...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Same here, Piece of SHIT. Just gone back for it's 3rd repair. Internet connection has never been good, screen ignores repeated attempts to navigate anywhere, keeps switching onto vibrate mode, takes so long to open SMS messages it goes onto low lighting!
    Should have got an iphone, now I will no doubt be offered the same as a repacement..

    ReplyDelete
  11. guys anybody can help me with my omnia 2 ,
    first is really crappy phone it always goes to air plane mode itself i dont know to repair this issue i formatted it many times now also hard format , is really waste of money.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hallo my omnia 2 send alone sms every day i make format for hem the same problem still but i think that when i make MC to on of my friend the sms send to him i asked him what inside the massage he said a lot of letters and numbers and my money go without doing any thing can any body help me in this problem


    thanks....

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had a demonic experience today where my husband got a set message saying,"I'm busy right now. I'll call you later." I would never say this and it is rediculous how unresponsive and I never hear it ring and my husband is always pissed at me. Its getting rediculous all these excuses this phone runs off of. I hate it and want my Android Incredible 2 back!!!!!

    ReplyDelete